This site has affiliate links and sponsored content. Read my Disclosure Policy.
Once the weather is adjusted enough (usually late September or early October for me) you can start storing away your summer pieces and integrating new Fall wardrobe pieces so your closet is ready for the Autumn Fashion Showcase aka your everyday life!
Here are a few guidelines to follow when you start the process of changing your closet over for Fall:
1. Make sure you keep your summer tops (for layering) out. These can be paired with a cute jacket in the Fall.
2. Store shorts, sandals, and summer dresses away for the next few months.
3. Make sure you take an inventory and when you go shopping for any new additions look for your core colors, secondary colors, and keep record of what you already have in your closet.
4. Pull out all your heavy weight cardigans and sweaters as well as any pencil skirts (you can layer these with leggings.
5. Make sure you have a wide selection of tights which look great under skirts and even shorts!
6. Pull out all your boots and make sure you have at least 1 pair of flats, booties, knee high boots, and riding boots!
So, how many new things do you “NEED” to buy now that you’ve integrated your fall pieces back into your closet? ;-)